Tuesday, March 3, 2009

While I have this 100-degree fever, let's talk about Lexington

A fantastic place. It's like Huntington if it actually applied itself--big-ass skyscrapers, an indie-paper worth half a damn, and--oh yeah, a 22,000 seat arena.

Highlights:

--Reevis recommended a place called Raising Cane's, and I will recommend it as well if you're heading that way--it's a restaurant that serves NOTHING BUT CHICKEN FINGERS. Great sauce too, I can't put my finger on the recipe but I think it shares a few things in common with Big Mac Sauce. Also got my first taste of Krystal.

--The show itself? Pretty damn good. A few things I didn't mention when I was twittering like crazy:
  • they serve wine at the concessions stand at Rupp--$5 a glass (cheaper than beer!)
  • Seether's show was by far the best; I like the whole "speak softly, kick a lot of ass" thing
  • I saw a house that had been turned into a Subway. No, really.
...while I'm pointing people to my Twitter page, add The Real Rock Twitter while you're at it. Seriously, this is addictive as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment